Note to readers:

Thank y'all for visiting, although our blog is now discontinued, it's not too far fetched to expect another blog from either Kate or I in the next year or two. Until then, happy downloading!

If you have any questions or if there's an album on here that you can't find anywhere else and you've GOT to have it, send me an email at Kingsofsquidma@Gmail.com

Friday, January 9, 2009

Upcoming:

Martin Denny's Quiet Village

You El Guincho fans might notice that at the beginning of this video you'll hear a bit of pedal steel guitar that you are familiar with. Among the many other groups this album has inspired is Quiet Village, who's album Silent Movie was one of my favorites of last year.

I think over the next bit I'll try uploading older albums that to this day remain relevant.

I uploaded one a while back, and I hope you all took the opportunity to download it. It's an album that has inspired tons of artists, one of which named two of their songs after songs on this specific album (Modest Mouse).

Santo & Johnny- Santo & Johnny

They are a group that you will instantly recognize when you hear them. Take this song- my favorite instrumental song ever, Sleepwalk, for example.

No comments: