Note to readers:

Thank y'all for visiting, although our blog is now discontinued, it's not too far fetched to expect another blog from either Kate or I in the next year or two. Until then, happy downloading!

If you have any questions or if there's an album on here that you can't find anywhere else and you've GOT to have it, send me an email at Kingsofsquidma@Gmail.com

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Your vote counts!

Hope y'all went out to vote today.

Although the night is young, it seems like Obama is indeed going to capture the presidency, giving hope to all us Americans who don't make 200k+ a year.

I'm gonna try to have this program I'm working on for my class done by tomorrow [a day or two overdue :( ] and I think I'm gonna make a blog post tomorrow with anywhere from two to four albums.

In the meantime, I'd like to take a second to encourage you all to think about music on the radio. Don't get me wrong on this, because I worked a 3-6 A.M. shift for a college radio station this past summer, and I know a thing or two about the whole idea of 'alternative' music, but as of lately, I'm absolutely in love with most of what I hear on the radio.

Lil' Wayne is truly the beatles/michael jackson/elvis/whomever of our age you know? Not that I like to compare anyone to anyone, but he's truly the best rapper alive, and if you do not own it, please go out and buy tha Carter III.

The new T.I. is wonderful as well, and that new song "Chopped and Screwed" by T-Pain and Ludacris has got to be one of the top five songs of this year.

I encourage all of you to take a few moments to set aside any prejudices and break down any barriers you have keeping you from listening to this incredible music.

I consider myself mostly a fan of country music, but truly, most of my favorite music could never be played in the grand ole opry, and that's something I'm glad about.

No comments: